We shall not finally defeat AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria,
or any of the other infectious diseases that plague the
developing world until we have also won the battle for safe
drinking-water, sanitation and basic health care.
Kofi Annan, United Nations Secretary-General
• 844 million people (approx. one in eight people) don’t have access to safe water supplies
• 98% of water-related deaths occur in the developing world
• 1.4 million children die due to diarrhea resulting from contaminated water every year
• 43% of water-related deaths are attributed to diarrhea
• Every 15 seconds a child dies of a water-related disease
Wells for Zoe are delivering water for life at 1 pound per person, in Northern Malawi!