The purchase of this CD helps to provide funding for future projects and assists in spreading the message of Wells for Zoë.
Putting their motto, “A hand up, not a hand-out” into practice, Wells for Zoë founders John and Mary Coyne (parents of tenor banjo player Éamonn Coyne) have assembled a top-notch collection of Celtic and Folk musicians for the purpose of aiding the local population of Northern Malawi in accessing fresh water and creating a sustainable living environment.
New tracks from Irish pop icon Sinead O’Connor and Scottish Borders-based singer Karine Polwart along with previously unreleased tracks from singer/songwriters Paul Brady and Dougie MacLean grace the album alongside a new version of an Alison Brown Quartet favorite and a genre-crossing version of the Eurythmics’ “Sisters are Doing it For Themselves” by Irish folk singer Maura O’Connell and Canadian folk band, The Duhks along with Tim O’Brien and John Doyle.
1) Well for Zoë – Karine Polwart & Tim O
2) Baby, Let Me Buy You a Drink – Sinéad O’Connor
3) Cumbia Celtica – Salsa Celtica
4) Wading Deep Waters – Crooked Still
5) Watermans – Michael McGoldrick 6) Sisters Are Doing It for Themselves – Maura O’Connell
7) The Wonderful Sea Voyage (of Holy St. Brendan) [New Version] – Alison Brown Quartet with John Doyle & Éamonn Coyne
8) I Find Your Love – Beth Nielsen Chapman
9) Just In Case of Accidents [Demo Version] – Paul Brady
10) The Lakeside Barndances – Éamonn Coyne & Kris Drever
11) This Love Will Carry [Previously Unreleased] Dougie Maclean
12) Muddy Water – Heidi Talbot